Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 28, 2014, 12:25:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contest  (Read 1139 times)
trotter1

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:27:29 PM »

Does anyone have interest in the following idea?

Here's my concept:

Once per week (Thursday night)
Maximum participants 30
Since we all live in different areas and "cash" would probably not be a good
idea here's my thought:

Each participant purchases a $50.00 Home Depot "Gift" card as their weekly entry fee.

Each participant has a $500.00 "paper" bankroll to work with.

4 pre-selected races are decided on in advance--Example- Race #8 and #10 at Balmoral
and Race #8 and #10 at the Meadowlands.  (Knowing this well in advance would give
all contestents the opportunity to study programs a couple of days in advance.

The entire $500.00 can be bet in any combination and in any or all races as:

Win/Place/Show, Trifectas, Superfectas, Exactas.  No pick 3's, Pick 4's (obviously).

Example, if I just loved ONE of the 4 races I could pick one horse with $500 to win
and make no other bets for the contest.

ALL selections must be posted for the entire $500.00 bankroll for everyone to see by the end of the 7th race at the Meadowlands.

Important items:

If there turns out to be any scratches in ANY of the races you wager in your wager will
stand UNLESS you post by 12:00 CST the next day that you choose to remove
your participation for the week. (The scratched horse(s) must have been in at least
one of your selections).  This option will always be soley up to the participant--
even if it didn't affect his or her actual chances of being the winner for the week.

If someone posts bets of MORE than $500 (even by $1 over) and WINS for the week,
the bets will stand UNLESS another participant posts by 12:00 CST the next day that the
WINNER exceeded the maximum bet and is therefore automatically disqualified.  (Even if the amount >$500 did not actually effect the final results)  If any other person
bets more than $500 for the weeks races and is NOT the winner, they CANNOT be
disqualified and must still honor their $50.00 gift card commitment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekly winner shall receive a "GIFT" of 34 Home Depot gift cards (from non-winners of $50.00 each.--$1,700 weekly value)  The non-winners shall mail their $50.00 gift card by Saturday a.m  of each week to a designated person who will forward them in bulk to the weekly winner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does everyone think?  Let's have some fun here without a 17%-25% track take-out
of our friendly picks.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 01:42:26 PM »

Does anyone have interest in the following idea?

Here's my concept:

Once per week (Thursday night)
Maximum participants 30
Since we all live in different areas and "cash" would probably not be a good
idea here's my thought:

Each participant purchases a $50.00 Home Depot "Gift" card as their weekly entry fee.

Each participant has a $500.00 "paper" bankroll to work with.

4 pre-selected races are decided on in advance--Example- Race #8 and #10 at Balmoral
and Race #8 and #10 at the Meadowlands.  (Knowing this well in advance would give
all contestents the opportunity to study programs a couple of days in advance.

The entire $500.00 can be bet in any combination and in any or all races as:

Win/Place/Show, Trifectas, Superfectas, Exactas.  No pick 3's, Pick 4's (obviously).

Example, if I just loved ONE of the 4 races I could pick one horse with $500 to win
and make no other bets for the contest.

ALL selections must be posted for the entire $500.00 bankroll for everyone to see by the end of the 7th race at the Meadowlands.

Important items:

If there turns out to be any scratches in ANY of the races you wager in your wager will
stand UNLESS you post by 12:00 CST the next day that you choose to remove
your participation for the week. (The scratched horse(s) must have been in at least
one of your selections).  This option will always be soley up to the participant--
even if it didn't affect his or her actual chances of being the winner for the week.

If someone posts bets of MORE than $500 (even by $1 over) and WINS for the week,
the bets will stand UNLESS another participant posts by 12:00 CST the next day that the
WINNER exceeded the maximum bet and is therefore automatically disqualified.  (Even if the amount >$500 did not actually effect the final results)  If any other person
bets more than $500 for the weeks races and is NOT the winner, they CANNOT be
disqualified and must still honor their $50.00 gift card commitment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekly winner shall receive a "GIFT" of 34 Home Depot gift cards (from non-winners of $50.00 each.--$1,700 weekly value)  The non-winners shall mail their $50.00 gift card by Saturday a.m  of each week to a designated person who will forward them in bulk to the weekly winner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does everyone think?  Let's have some fun here without a 17%-25% track take-out
of our friendly picks.

trotter 1

Have you heard that I'm tired of being " Joe Honest " all my life while I sit back and watch the cheaters and crooks get everything and that now I want to be " Joe Crook "?

If I get in this contest or any other contest I'm going to find a way to cheat to win. Just to let you know.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 02:48:45 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 01:48:02 PM »

trotter 1

Have you heard that I'm tired of being " Joe Honest " all my life while I sit back and watch the cheaters and crooks get everything and that now I want to be " Joe Crook "?

If I get in this contest or any other contest I'm going to find a way to cheat to win. Just to let you know.

Dan,

Obviously, you feel slighted.  Still, bringing these things up in a public forum would not make you a crook.  It would make you stupid.

If you are going to play the criminal role, hush up about it, or you'll be foiled.

Have a great weekend, and good luck tonight.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
ruckerfan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 01:49:44 PM »

dan do u have to be a dickhead about every single thing thats on here i think we should have a contest to see how many people we can get to agree to kick u the hell of here once and 4 all so everyone dosnt not have to read your constant dribble about nothing!!!!! whos up for that contest?  

keep the fight up ken it ant over i hope u useing the rope a dope im getting worried!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 02:12:30 PM »

dan do u have to be a dickhead about every single thing thats on here i think we should have a contest to see how many people we can get to agree to kick u the hell of here once and 4 all so everyone dosnt not have to read your constant dribble about nothing!!!!! whos up for that contest?  

Go ahead start any contest or poll you wish. That's your right on a public forum just like it's my right to tell everyone that I'm tired of being Joe Honest and now want to be Joe Crook. Your man Rucker made me finally see the light after all these years.

Edward
            I'm making it public because they will never catch me being a crook while I am being a crook. I'm too sharp. Wait until you read what I'm up to as we speak to start my new life off as Joe Crook. I will be posting and telling the IRB and the New Jersey Racing Com. just what I'm up to so that they will know I have started cheating but they will never catch me. Thanks to Rucker showing me the light I have already started my new life as Joe Crook. And Edward what I'm up to is going to affect your pockets because you're a betting man. Read all about it in the next couple of days.   
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 03:13:29 PM »

Dan, it's o.k. we'll even let you cheat in the contest.  You can contact all of the trainers
in the 4 pre-selected races and see if they will "juice one up" just for you.  Or, when
you get your stable going in NJ and use the gout medication, we can even select the races in which you have a horse in as one of the contest races.  So yes, Dan, you can cheat in the contest to win, o.k.?  Now you don't have to keep telling us that you'll cheat since we'll put it in the rules upfront--especially for you.

If anyone else has any ideas to "fine tune" the contest, go ahead and post and
I'll take a look at all posts tomorrow to see if there is any interest.  If not-
forget about it--I just thought it would be a fun way to make a $50.00 "gift" given
possibly turn into a $1500.00 "gift" received and have some each week doing so.
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54:40 PM »

Dan "PSYCHO GOOF" *** posted:

I'm making it public because they will never catch me being a crook while I am being a crook. I'm too sharp.

Sharp??   Grin  Yeah... about as "sharp" as a bowling ball...  Cheesy

More like a little kid throwing a tantrum... screaming..."I WANNA BE A CROOK"... AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME...  Roll Eyes

You're a TOTAL PSYCHO GOOF, Dan.
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 06:26:18 PM »

Dan, it's o.k. we'll even let you cheat in the contest.  You can contact all of the trainers
in the 4 pre-selected races and see if they will "juice one up" just for you.  Or, when
you get your stable going in NJ and use the gout medication, we can even select the races in which you have a horse in as one of the contest races.  So yes, Dan, you can cheat in the contest to win, o.k.?  Now you don't have to keep telling us that you'll cheat since we'll put it in the rules upfront--especially for you.

If anyone else has any ideas to "fine tune" the contest, go ahead and post and
I'll take a look at all posts tomorrow to see if there is any interest.  If not-
forget about it--I just thought it would be a fun way to make a $50.00 "gift" given
possibly turn into a $1500.00 "gift" received and have some each week doing so.

OK, Thanks! But, if Interested Observer is in the contest I don't want him crying and ranting and screaming like a baby that I cheated to win the contest.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 07:53:54 PM »

Well, forget about the contest.   What was I thinking when I proposed to limit participants
to THIRTY.    I didn't realize there were probably only SIX people on this entire Barn To Wire forum but they are using about THIRTY different registered user names.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 11:12:03 PM »

Trotter1. Why don't you go to Trackchampion or hottalkers. Both LOVE YOUR idiotic suggestion. ESPN also loves playing. WHAT FUN! Everyone can't wait to see if they won hypothetical contest.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 01:54:51 AM »

Actually, why don't you go back to the Thoroughbred forum.  I happened to notice that you've made 134 post and 110 of them (82%) have been on the Thoroughbred site.

Why are you even on this Harness forum?

icare

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 02:15:04 AM »

trotter 1

No you wont Dan it's not you never will be your just full of hot air I do understand why
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: