Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 17, 2014, 10:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selecting a trainer.....  (Read 5422 times)
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2006, 12:18:23 AM »

Only thing I can add into this topic is when you narrow down your candidates, and go to their barn, trust your gut.  By that I mean dont be swayed by a bunch of bs. Listen to them, and if you choose the one that you feel you would like to know as a friend for a long time........then he or she is THE right one for you.

Money makes the business go ........ but dont leave fun out of it, and your experience will be much better if you put honesty, communication and a friendship ahead of the almighty dollar.

Ive known a lot of owners who were only in this game to chase or show off their money.

And they all miss the big picture.  Be sensible of course........but HAVE FUN  above all else !

If the money really means that much to you, dont gamble it.  Your owner/trainer relationship should become a good friendship, and one to last many years, if you are lucky.

Report to moderator   Logged

The more you bet...the more you win
MC

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2006, 01:45:13 AM »

R. Schadt could bust out any millionaire there is!   
   She has a horse, can't get it to run for $4,000 at
   all...then claims it back for $12,000!  Super smart
   business moves.
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2006, 09:52:48 AM »

Only thing I can add into this topic is when you narrow down your candidates, and go to their barn, trust your gut.  By that I mean don't be swayed by a bunch of bs. Listen to them, and if you choose the one that you feel you would like to know as a friend for a long time........then he or she is THE right one for you.

Money makes the business go ........ but dont leave fun out of it, and your experience will be much better if you put honesty, communication and a friendship ahead of the almighty dollar.

Ive known a lot of owners who were only in this game to chase or show off their money.

And they all miss the big picture.  Be sensible of course........but HAVE FUN  above all else !

If the money really means that much to you, dont gamble it.  Your owner/trainer relationship should become a good friendship, and one to last many years, if you are lucky.

Now here is a guy/gal that knows what they are talking about!!

Illiniois
Owner

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

Right On Grinder!  If you are in this business for the money - it is the WRONG business. Buy a certificate of deposit.
Illiniois
Owner

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2006, 01:44:23 PM »

You can easily have a horse trained for $1000 a month including Shoes, feed etc..  Everything except racing and vet work.  There are a couple of trainers that charge between $25 and $28 a day.

How can you exclude "racing and vet work"Huh   I still have to pay those bills. You certainly want to race your horse and I have yet to see the horse that didn't have any vet bills. I previously said $30 - $35 per day and you how say "a couple charge $25 - $28" - not much difference between $28 and $30 when you are talking around $2000 per month. And I guess that these "couple" do not have the best racing results.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: