Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 23, 2014, 05:31:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selecting a trainer.....  (Read 5335 times)
bettor2belucky

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »

Tall,

I basically don't get involved with personal issues and didn't read where SN started this but if thats true don't take offense to my post ..it wasn't intended that way... Good luck with your future horses...

Bettor
Report to moderator   Logged

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,is a government big enough to take away everything you have."  Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the President I can afford better." Barack Hussein Obama
burton

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »

Now its your turn Swaymi!!!
For the last time I DID NOT CLAIM ROY OLCOTT the owner wanted him!!! I DID NOT CLAIM McLOCK his owner wanted him!! I only picked one horse out that I had, that was Illini monstermack!!!
The game has passed me buy huh? BULL!!!!
go ask Riccollo if the game passed me buy when he was cashing those $18,000 in tickets he had when i told him Monster would not get beat at Haw. and when he cashed those $20,000 in tickets when i told him Monster wouldnt get beat at maywood when he stiffed me!!!
When i get one ready THEY WIN period!!!
now lets talk about you, who are you to give advice about anything about racing and horses??
How many races have you won? how many horses have you put over? we will probally never know because you wont even post your real name but I'll take a guess and say 0!!!
I'm trying to tell it like it is and give him real advice, either you want to own or train dont be an owner that thinks he can train from just being in the grandstand it will never work

Pure BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

No I got a winfall from an accident I had while driving a garbage truck Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked!!!!!!
I'm sure that was on "the up and up".
LOL!!!!!!!!
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »

Sn i have claim better stock then you will ever think of having. i have had guys that think they are untouchable like it not only have i claimed of them  but have been told that im going to eat him to only be told about 6 weeks later by the same guy you caught me stealing.  another old timer that thought he knew everything like you and your brother i will not mention his name out of respect but i claimed this horse of him and in a matter of 60 days was even and ahead on him not to mention the scorces i made on him one year later took out tremendous bets on him paying an unbelievable 42.80 the first week and coming back two weeks later to pay 24.80 and if i hadn't let my whole family in on him he would payed about 60.00 the second time but it was Christmas and everybody had a good Christmas thanks to the swaymi. so don't come on here talking about how you  were the only one that has scored on a horse how about all the times monstermack got his money ran over i guess you didn't tell him to bet him  those six times he was first up and his money got run over...
       thank god harness 24/7 ran the swaymi bets for him when the money was down and got home..

have you ever dropped a claim on a horse for 8000 and three weeks later he is winning for 20000 and has gotten the owner even on him POCKET GALLEON N  and then claimed for almost twice what he paid for him how sweet was that  you just keep claiming Roy olcotts and mclocks

TC

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »

Sn i have claim better stock then you will ever think of having. i have had guys that think they are untouchable like it not only have i claimed of them  but have been told that im going to eat him to only be told about 6 weeks later by the same guy you caught me stealing.  another old timer that thought he knew everything like you and your brother i will not mention his name out of respect but i claimed this horse of him and in a matter of 60 days was even and ahead on him not to mention the scorces i made on him one year later took out tremendous bets on him paying an unbelievable 42.80 the first week and coming back two weeks later to pay 24.80 and if i hadn't let my whole family in on him he would payed about 60.00 the second time but it was Christmas and everybody had a good Christmas thanks to the swaymi. so don't come on here talking about how you  were the only one that has scored on a horse how about all the times monstermack got his money ran over i guess you didn't tell him to bet him  those six times he was first up and his money got run over...
       thank god harness 24/7 ran the swaymi bets for him when the money was down and got home..

have you ever dropped a claim on a horse for 8000 and three weeks later he is winning for 20000 and has gotten the owner even on him POCKET GALLEON N  and then claimed for almost twice what he paid for him how sweet was that  you just keep claiming Roy olcotts and mclocks

(((((((((((((((THE JUICEMAN HAS JUST SPOKEN)))))))))))))))))))))

TOO BAD HE'S OUT OF JUICE NOW!! LOL!!

swaymi OL'Chum! *** was taking $8000 claimers and winning the FFA with them before you were even born! LOL!! I hope you didn't learn to train horses at the same place you received your 6th grade education! LOL!! TC  trotter
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 03:08:33 PM »

is that why he ate one of andy robinson and gerald longo tc. spread those cheeks her come the *** boys
Dr Suess
Florida Pro

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 03:18:28 PM »

is that why he ate one of andy robinson and gerald longo tc. spread those cheeks her come the *** boys

what does spread those cheeks mean? LOL!!! 

Keep up the good advice swaymi. these other guys are living in the 70s when disco was the groove.
their minds are long gone. 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 03:26:46 PM »

swaymi OL' Chum! Andy Robinson is...... ((((((((((((((FINISHED)))))))))))))))....as in former juiceman! thumbs down LOL!! He couldn't win a fixed race now!! LOL!!  Angry

And for your information OL' Chum, *** had a win and a second with McLock and put a new lifetime mark on the horse before his owner ruined the horse when he corded the poor steed. LOL!! TC  trotter
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2006, 03:28:10 PM »

opps wrong thread  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:30:16 PM by Tall » Report to moderator   Logged

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
tincents

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »

swaymi, tell em like it is. i think the millers and the finns have satelitte and high speed internet. but, there not on the crack pipe....you know what im saying about these other idiots. dude
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

dont worry about andy robinson he will be back just remember do you guys like some barbecue with that rough roy olcott burger you guys are eating.
      only a moron would not go to the paddock and see a horses legs and conformation before he drops a claim what a goof.....how did that taste boys.....
TC

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2006, 03:43:42 PM »

dont worry about andy robinson he will be back just remember do you guys like some barbecue with that rough roy olcott burger you guys are eating.
      only a moron would not go to the paddock and see a horses legs and conformation before he drops a claim what a goof.....how did that taste boys.....

Andy Robinson is (((((((((CLOSED))))))))))).....as in (((((((((FINISHED))))))))))) LOL!!TC  trotter P.S. At least *** had Olcott racing and gets checks with ankles that were snaked by Robinson! Duncan was lucky to get a win with the steed thanks to ***'s work that was done on the steed just before he kicked the owner out!! LOL!! A week later under Duncan's excellent training talents the horse couldn't finish the course!! LOL!! TC  trotter
Illiniois
Owner

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2006, 03:58:35 PM »

In Illinois it will cost you $1750 - $2000 per month as someone else already stated. Do not just take into account the $30 - $35 per day that they charge. There will be approx. $80 in shoeing every month, and shipping charges unless you race where the horse is stabled. In addition, you have to pay the driver every start and paddock charges can run another $40 - $60 per start. Some trainers will charge you for supplies in addition to their daily charge - this could be $1 - $3 per day. And vet bills are very hard to estimate - the range is probably $250 - $500 per month.

The best advice in selecting a trainer is to contact an owner who has been active in the business for at least 5 years. Talk to him about the trainers. If he has been active he will know at least 5 or more trainers that you can talk to. If you don't know any owners, contact the IHHA.

Regarding the "waiting for a call to tell you when you can win" - I have been in the business over 10 years, have had several trainers and several horses. I am still waiting for that call. The trainer may know when his horse is training good, but he doesn't know about the other horses in the race, the kind of trip his horse will get, if his horse will scope sick after the race, or another 100 variables. 90% of the trainers will tell you your horse has a chance tonight, but you know what - I have yet to see a 9 horse dead heat for win.
sn

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2006, 04:04:20 PM »

Illinois, you said it all right there with your last statment!!!!
youve been waiting 10 years for a trainer to tell you when you can win and accually do!!!!
You should call up Tom Riccollo and ask him how much that is worth??

TC

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2006, 04:15:45 PM »

Although it may be a "dead game," I had a question about the process of hiring a trainer.  I am thinking about getting into the "business" in the next few months and was thinking of claiming a 15K-20K claimer.  Realistically, what trainers could I have access to?  What are the true monthly costs (everything included) of a decent trainer?  Thanks for any information. 

Titus Colt

Titus Colt OL' Chum. Just wait about another three months when training bills in Chicago will drop to an alltime LOW of $18 a day. LOL!! Shocked Believe me, no owner can afford to pay $35-$40 a day to train a steed in Chicago anymore! LOL!! If an owner does he will be busted and looking for pennies in six months! LOL Who can pay 2K a month to train a steed when you're racing for $3000 and $5000 purses? LOL!! Chicago harness racing is almost CLOSED!! thumbs down LOL!! After Odds On Racing is done claiming most of the good horses in Chicago so they can take them to the Meadowlands racing in Chicago will be almost (((((((((((FINISHED))))))))))))). Grin LOL!! This is why no owner in their right mind would pay $35-$40 a day to train a steed in Chicago these days! LOL!! TC  trotter P.S. As far as SLOTS go, you can wish for slots in one hand and shit in the other and see what you get first! LOL!! TC  trotter
burton

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2006, 04:51:43 PM »

Titus Colt OL' Chum. Just wait about another three months when training bills in Chicago will drop to an alltime LOW of $18 a day. LOL!! Shocked Believe me, no owner can afford to pay $35-$40 a day to train a steed in Chicago anymore! LOL!! If an owner does he will be busted and looking for pennies in six months! LOL Who can pay 2K a month to train a steed when you're racing for $3000 and $5000 purses? LOL!! Chicago harness racing is almost CLOSED!! thumbs down LOL!! After Odds On Racing is done claiming most of the good horses in Chicago so they can take them to the Meadowlands racing in Chicago will be almost (((((((((((FINISHED))))))))))))). Grin LOL!! This is why no owner in their right mind would pay $35-$40 a day to train a steed in Chicago these days! LOL!! TC  trotter P.S. As far as SLOTS go, you can wish for slots in one hand and shit in the other and see what you get first! LOL!! TC  trotter
Sounds like ***.
How's the kidney stones?
Crazy man!
Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2006, 04:58:40 PM »

Sounds like ***.
How's the kidney stones?
Crazy man!
Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burton OL'Chum! You have too much *** on your mind! Shocked LOL!! TC  trotter P.S. I'm posting from Vegas! The weather is (((((((((((GREAT)))))))))))). I'll be home soon! thumbs down DAMN!! Boy those deviled eggs and Italian beef are to die for!! TC  trotter
burton

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 05:09:02 PM »

burton OL'Chum! You have too much *** on your mind! Shocked LOL!! TC  trotter P.S. I'm posting from Vegas! The weather is (((((((((((GREAT)))))))))))). I'll be home soon! thumbs down DAMN!! Boy those deviled eggs and Italian beef are to die for!! TC  trotter
Yeah right!
We'll keep a light on for you.
Crazy man!!!!!!
Crazy!!!!!!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »

Yeah right!
We'll keep a light on for you.
Crazy man!!!!!!
Crazy!!!!!!!!!

burton OL'Chum! We'll keep a light on for you too when you return from London and New Zealand! LOL!! Yeah right!! LOL!! TC  trotter

(((((((((((((PHONY MAN)))))))))))))))

((((((((PHONY)))))))

pezz97

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2006, 05:22:44 PM »

Yet another thread derailed got to love it!!!!
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 10:00:08 PM »

TC posted:

P.S. I'm posting from Vegas!  The weather is (((((((((((GREAT)))))))))))).  I'll be home soon!  DAMN!! Boy those deviled eggs and Italian beef are to die for!! TC   

Keep eating all that food, TC...  Grin

Is it true that you bought a 24 hour pass to the all you can eat "Horse Trough" buffet?  Shocked

You might not "be home soon"... as you will be TOO FAT to fly on a plane...  Grin  The wing would be scraping the runway on the side you *** your BIG BUTT on... much less ever get off the ground with TWO TON TIMMY on board...  Grin

You might have to rent a moving truck to haul your fat carcass back to Chicago...  Cheesy  one with "extra heavy duty" suspension... and one of those "WIDE LOAD" signs on it...  Grin

Stay in Vegas... YOU  BIG GOOF!!  Grin
MC

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2006, 10:39:08 PM »

You can hire Robin Schadt! All you have to do is invest 25 million and
you can win yourself a few trips to the winners circle! Maybe if your
really lucky..she might even show up in her HAT!
Armonsol

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2006, 10:40:49 PM »

You can hire Robin Schadt! All you have to do is invest 25 million and
you can win yourself a few trips to the winners circle! Maybe if your
really lucky..she might even show up in her HAT!
f***ing hillarious

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:45:18 PM by Armonsol » Report to moderator   Logged
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2006, 11:23:56 PM »

Wow, thats quite an outfit.  It seems to be showing a lot.
Val Haines

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »

Not all trainers charge that much.  Also, you can not base a trainers knowledge or success only by what they are currently doing.  Maybe they don't have the horse flesh currently to be doing well.  As far as letting a trainer make all the decisions, I personally feel that the owner should have a say so no matter what.  I always ask the owners what they want to do.  I give them my opinion and let them make the final decision.  Also unless a trainer has something to hide they should stay in contact with the owners.  You can easily have a horse trained for $1000 a month including Shoes, feed etc..  Everything except racing and vet work.  There are a couple of trainers that charge between $25 and $28 a day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: