Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 04:44:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEWARD'S CORRUPT WAYS - AGAIN !  (Read 3428 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2005, 12:44:51 AM »

Well dear readers, the corrupt, inept, whimsical, lamebrained stewards are at it again, giving the betting public the shaft ONE MORE TIME.  Careful picking a winner in the nightcap at Fraudwood, as Deano mails in his illness and the stewards alow Tim Tetrick to pilot Kennan's Kevin.  Now, for those of you in the Tora Bora cave system with bin Laden, TT is a .300 driver; Dean is .150.  Now, when I was last informed by these lunkheads, such a change to a "better" driver was NOT allowed.  When the stewards were called to the carpet on this tonight, they 1st said no one else was available to take the catch.  When it was clearly pointed out to them that Ron Marsh, a .175 driver was ready and available to catch, they stumbled and stammered, then said,..."well the owner refuses to employ Marsh...".  How can this be ?  Just less than a fortnight ago, Holland was NOT allowed to catch for Michael Brown, if memory serves.  I want sooooooo bad for TT to win this race so I can take a transcript of the conversation between the stewards and all parties involved directly to the IL Attorney General and demand justice.  The parlor games being played at Gestapo Downs MUST cease and desist immediately.  They can't get placings correct, can't make uniform decisions regarding driver's livelihoods, and yet fine people for breaking imaginary rules.  Burton and Joe B., see why I can't attend those dozen frauds commited every 20 minutes or so at the Little M ?  Corley and the boys need looooong vacations and a taste of what life is like on the unemployment line.  Hey, up in the steward's booth, the soup of the day at Pacific Mission on S. Michigan Ave. is Navy Bean -get used to it !  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »

Well dear readers, the corrupt, inept, whimsical, lamebrained stewards are at it again, giving the betting public the shaft ONE MORE TIME.  Careful picking a winner in the nightcap at Fraudwood, as Deano mails in his illness and the stewards alow Tim Tetrick to pilot Kennan's Kevin.  Now, for those of you in the Tora Bora cave system with bin Laden, TT is a .300 driver; Dean is .150.  Now, when I was last informed by these lunkheads, such a change to a "better" driver was NOT allowed.  When the stewards were called to the carpet on this tonight, they 1st said no one else was available to take the catch.  When it was clearly pointed out to them that Ron Marsh, a .175 driver was ready and available to catch, they stumbled and stammered, then said,..."well the owner refuses to employ Marsh...".  How can this be ?  Just less than a fortnight ago, Holland was NOT allowed to catch for Michael Brown, if memory serves.  I want sooooooo bad for TT to win this race so I can take a transcript of the conversation between the stewards and all parties involved directly to the IL Attorney General and demand justice.  The parlor games being played at Gestapo Downs MUST cease and desist immediately.  They can't get placings correct, can't make uniform decisions regarding driver's livelihoods, and yet fine people for breaking imaginary rules.  Burton and Joe B., see why I can't attend those dozen frauds commited every 20 minutes or so at the Little M ?  Corley and the boys need looooong vacations and a taste of what life is like on the unemployment line.  Hey, up in the steward's booth, the soup of the day at Pacific Mission on S. Michigan Ave. is Navy Bean -get used to it !  TC

Different rules for different people TC. It will never change in the " City Of Corruption ". The best you can hope for is that the stewards have a heart attack shoveling snow. It's going to be a long cold brutal winter.

By the way it's now Dec. 10th and no contract. Can the horsemen afford to pay for natural gas to heat their homes this cold winter if they strike? 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 01:00:48 AM »

Different rules for different people TC. It will never change in the " City Of Corruption ". The best you can hope for is that the stewards have a heart attack shoveling snow. It's going to be a long cold brutal winter.

By the way it's now Dec. 10th and no contract. Can the horsemen afford to pay for natural gas to heat their homes this cold winter if they strike? 

...most will be burning their losing tickets after getting cheated by the juicers JA and KR.  I knew those pot-bellied stoves would come in handy someday.  Joe Honest takes it in the shorts again.  TC
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 01:07:51 AM »

It wasnt Mike Brown it was Mike Rogers. Just a lil fact. No harm done.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 01:16:42 AM »

Why are you allowed to go from good to worst bad not bad to good? Hell, I thought this was a free country with liberty and justice for all. Where is the justice when some goof steward who thinks he's a Supreme Court Judge can tell you who you may employ and who you may not?
swoodall

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 02:55:45 AM »

Back when we raced Flapper with Earl L.  Maxwell was sick one night and Earl had to find a replacement with me tagging along.  No one told him who to ask or placed limits on who we could choose.  Hiteman drove for Earl some so he said yes and his driving avg. was way better than Dave's.  Not a word said.  Of course we lost but in all fairness to Hiteman,  Flapper had a sore ankle and hock and didn't look very good on the track.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 08:46:30 AM »

It wasnt Mike Brown it was Mike Rogers. Just a lil fact. No harm done.

Tannor
Oops, my bad.  Good catch, young jedi.  TC
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 11:17:03 AM »

Thats one of the big problems with harness racing. Who regulates the Stewards? Are these guys the almighty Gods that are perfect and can't make mistakes? I guess so. The same in pro sports. We see bad calls from officials all the time. But when someone knocks the officials, they get heavily fined. I think we have to take the "GOD" status away from these guys and make them subject to the same watchful eye that are on the horsemen 24/7.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 11:24:28 AM »

How about the IRB review some questionable calls?

Everyone needs checks and balances. 

Even GW has the Congress to enforce checks and balances.

No one and I mean no one should be above the law.

That's how I see it!

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 11:47:41 AM »

TC:

This is yet another example of the Maywood senior steward, Michael Corley behaving unjust and unprofessional. It's too bad because it makes the entire IRB and stewards appear less than credible and very discriminatory in their enforcement of rules and regulations. The extremely late driver change in last nights twelfth race allowed by the Michael Corley shows a lack of professionalism and outright disrespect for Mr. Holland.

I completely understand that certain situations call for steward discretion and such but at the very least be fair about it. If you are going to enforce rules and regulations by the book, for God's sake do it equally and all of the time. Stop being so selective and attacking certain people because that person elected to explore their right to an appeals hearing in front of the IRB. I am sure that if Michael Corley had not overreacted and fined Brent Holland for entering the winner circle that Brent would have never appealed the fine. One must take a stand with these stewards whom continually become selective on how they wish to enforce the rules. This is a big problem that should be addressed at the IRB level and if necessary, called to the attention of the Attorney General's office.

I have been speaking with a local reporter about the winner’s circle fine and hoping they will interview those involved and put it on the evening news. Mr. Holland's appeal is set for December 29th hearing in front of the IRB. I have been asked to keep this television reporter up to speed as things develop in this case. I hope that I can convince them to put this case on the 10:00 news and show the public just how unfair the stewards and IRB are. It would be great for the general public to see things like this and develop an understanding of just how corrupt the IRB and its associates really are.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 12:52:53 PM »

Joe, the uneven manner in which the stewards mete out justice is appalling.  I know that Brent committed no rules infraction, but for the stewards to stand on principle and demand he pay a fine is quasi-criminal.  They can't even punish chronic cheats around these parts for god's sake.  Then, they think reducing the fine is a fair remedy...the entire issue makes me ill.  Flash forward to last night, where they get caught RED HANDED operating under a "double standard" and it shows to any careful observer just how inept (or corrupt) these position holders are.  If BH can't drive for Michael Rogers because he's a ..."better driver with a higher average...",then TT CAN NOT drive for Dean under the same set of rules, no matter the circumstance - especially when a Ron Marsh is willing and available.  If anyone refuses to see that the stewards and the Gestapo operate under the "country club" law system, then they aren't paying enough attention.  Most folks just don't care as long as they are getting their "fix";  wait however until one of these driver changes affects a Pick 4 or the like then those "sleeping giants" will scream bloody murder from the top of the grandstand !

If Marc Laino does not proceed on these matters with due dilligence, I will be forced to compose several letters to be forwarded to the IL Att. Gen. and directly to the Governor's office.  Marc, we know you read this forum every chance you get. Please respond to these charges of malfeasance ASAP so that the fine people involved at every level of this great sport can rest easy in knowing that something is being done to protect it.  Your silence only enforces the theory that you are merely a lapdog of Johnny and Billy Putzson and their partners Farmer Snook Phil and George "don't forget about me" Steinbrenner.  TC
goodcatch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 04:13:51 PM »

guys can u tell me who watches the stewards and gives them a fine when the f---- up? that is pretty bad what they are doing to brent, he is a nice guy and good for the business.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 05:56:29 PM »

Was he a nice guy and  good for business when he got a year suspension for "stiffing"(complete lack of effort)??
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 06:02:17 PM »

Was he a nice guy and  good for business when he got a year suspension for "stiffing"(complete lack of effort)??

He was very young then in 1989 and was easily bought by crooked owners. Give Brent a break on that one. He hasn't done a thing wrong since.
on tilt

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 02:40:14 AM »

HEY TC- I HEARD FROM A FRIEND OF MINE TONIGHT THAT BRENT HOLLAND WAS SUSPENDED FOR 1 YEAR FOR STIFFING AT HORSE AT SPK. HOW CAN YOU FEEL SORRY FOR A GUY LIKE THAT? ANOTHER THING I WAS TOLD IS THE DRIVER SUBSTITUTE RULE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WAS ABUSED BY NONE OTHER THEN YOUR GOOD FRIEND JOE DAKURIS. MY BUDDY TOLD ME THAT A FEW YEARS BACK HOSEA WILLIAMS HAD A HORSE INTO RACE ONE NIGHT AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SAID HE WAS SICK AND WANTED JOE DAKURIS TO DRIVE HIM. THE HORSE WAS 0 FOR 40 AND SOME PIG. I AM SURE SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM WILL REMEMBER THE HORSES NAME. IT WAS ABOUT 5 TO 7 YEARS AGO. WHEN DAKURIS DROVE THE HORSE HE NOT ONLY WON WITH THE HORSE BUT THEY CASHED BIGTIME. THE HORSE PAID SOMETHING LIKE $40.00 TO WIN AND THE EXACTA CAME BACK 56.00. WHAT A JOKE. THE JUDGES GOT PISSED OFF AND STARTED TO ENFORCE THE LATE DRIVER RULE BECAUSE OF THIS. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK REAL GOOD AT HOLLAND AND DAKURIS THE NEXT TIME YOU POST SOMETHING ABOUT THEM. EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE 2 PEAS IN A POD AND LIFE LONG CROOKS. BOTH OF THESE GUYS SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF THE GAME. JUST SO YOU HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, DAKURIS IS THE REASON WHY THE LATE DRIVER RULE IS BEING PUT INTO EFFECT. THEY ALSO KNOW THAT HIM AND HOLLAND ARE ASS BUDDIES AND THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL TOO FAR FROM THE TREE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 02:42:53 AM by on tilt » Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 03:05:16 AM »

HEY TC- I HEARD FROM A FRIEND OF MINE TONIGHT THAT BRENT HOLLAND WAS SUSPENDED FOR 1 YEAR FOR STIFFING AT HORSE AT SPK. HOW CAN YOU FEEL SORRY FOR A GUY LIKE THAT? ANOTHER THING I WAS TOLD IS THE DRIVER SUBSTITUTE RULE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WAS ABUSED BY NONE OTHER THEN YOUR GOOD FRIEND JOE DAKURIS. MY BUDDY TOLD ME THAT A FEW YEARS BACK HOSEA WILLIAMS HAD A HORSE INTO RACE ONE NIGHT AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SAID HE WAS SICK AND WANTED JOE DAKURIS TO DRIVE HIM. THE HORSE WAS 0 FOR 40 AND SOME PIG. I AM SURE SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM WILL REMEMBER THE HORSES NAME. IT WAS ABOUT 5 TO 7 YEARS AGO. WHEN DAKURIS DROVE THE HORSE HE NOT ONLY WON WITH THE HORSE BUT THEY CASHED BIGTIME. THE HORSE PAID SOMETHING LIKE $40.00 TO WIN AND THE EXACTA CAME BACK 56.00. WHAT A JOKE. THE JUDGES GOT PISSED OFF AND STARTED TO ENFORCE THE LATE DRIVER RULE BECAUSE OF THIS. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK REAL GOOD AT HOLLAND AND DAKURIS THE NEXT TIME YOU POST SOMETHING ABOUT THEM. EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE 2 PEAS IN A POD AND LIFE LONG CROOKS. BOTH OF THESE GUYS SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF THE GAME. JUST SO YOU HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, DAKURIS IS THE REASON WHY THE LATE DRIVER RULE IS BEING PUT INTO EFFECT. THEY ALSO KNOW THAT HIM AND HOLLAND ARE ASS BUDDIES AND THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL TOO FAR FROM THE TREE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
Well, at least we know that both you and your friend are obviously on crack.  The late driver rule is NOT the Dakuras Rule, as you and your "friend" say.  The rule is there to prevent a late driver change from benifitting a lesser driver, trainer, or owner.  These late changes, when unforeseen, can alter the Pick 3 or 4 sequence if significant.  Secondly, are you saying that a driver change from Hosea Williams to Joe Dakuras is like Harry Sowash to John Campbell ?  I hope not.  Joe is a competant horseman and more than capable driver, but a change to Magee, Marsh, or Morgan would have been a greater one IMO.

Brent made a youthful mistake and listened to those a trainer and owner who sought to "jog" their steed, rather than give 100 %.  He paid for his mistake by getting a 365 day suspension.  Brent is the nicest driver in that Balmoral locker room IMO.  He's as friendly as Magee, and never says a bad word about anyone.  Again, you are WRONG about Joe and Brent being crooks.  Remember, Joe is not a trainer or owner at the moment - how is he a crook ?  Also, how is it a crooked act to bring your steed to the wionner's circle, when you and the track announcer thought you had won ?  My advice is to sober up, think clearly once the light of day settles in, and do more research.  You're the one with his "facts" crooked...there's that word again.  TC
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 09:57:34 AM »

Youthful mistake?Huh Do you guys honestly think that that was the ONLY time Holland didn't try too hard?Huh?The ONE TIME Huh As I'm sure you all know just who was involved, we can dedeuce that it happened MANY,MANY times. Does Ruckers habitual toying with the medication rules qualify as a "youthful mistake"??After all, he's still comparably youthful.Once a crook always a crook. Once a liar always a liar.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 10:37:59 AM »

I bet Dude Ranch who finished third last night...I think I'll accuse someone of not giving their best now.  Yes, it must have been all Nelson Willis' and Holland's fault.  There can be no other logical reason.  After all, how can they have finished behind Oosting/Pacitti and Tetrick/Mc Caffrey ?  I should demand a refund of all my wagers into the race because a "stiff" is the only way they couldn't win outright.

By the same token, Pat Berry was 1 for 52 going into the evening.  Therefore, there is no way that Sand Sax can win.  We all bet a raging Weiss Hanover from the rail with Ledford.  Surely he stiffed us because he could and should have found racing room.  They must have set it up for Berry because all the drivers at the Big M feel sorry for him.

These fallacies of logic are what keeps lemmings coming back to the races I suppose.  Every drive is a stif, every trainer /driver is a crook,  certain individuals possess magical, Svengali-like powers over other horsemen...all sounds logical to me...NOT.  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 11:54:14 AM »

On Tilt:

First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, since you decided to include me in your first post on here, I am only too happy to address your false allegations.

The horse of Hosea Williams' you are referring to was named Pete The Cheat, and it was the first time I ever drove him. Please tell me how you are able to label me a "crook" when I drive the horse one time and win with him? I never knew a single thing about that horse, his ability, or why he never won a race in 44 starts. You labeling me a crook for winning that race is astonishing. What do you label somebody who does not pull off the rail, give his steed a shot, or outright not give a full effort, if I am a crook?

From what I remember about that horse, Hosea told me the horse simply would not try and he made several changes to him. Since you really must know the "facts," after Hosea told me about Pete The Cheat, I tried to put the fear of God into the horse. I knew he was not afraid of anything so during the post parade, I took him on the backstretch away from the public view and cracked him about a dozen times with the whip while yelling and screaming at him. I made sure that when we went to the gate that he was scared to death. When the gate folded, I pulled Pete down the backside first over a brushed into the lead...he was never on the front end in 44 lifetime starts. All I ever had to do from there was scream and holler. The horse won in 1:59.1 breaking the two-minute barrier for the first time in his life.

Now you tell me old wizard, how does that qualify me as a "crook?"

PS- The funniest thing about this entire story was the horse’s name. Pete The Cheat was named after fallen Cincinnati baseball slugger Pete Rose. True story. How about that? LOL

Tc: Thanks for trying to educate this goof but it looks like deja vu all over again with the trolling. LOL

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 12:33:21 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Big C

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2005, 09:40:43 AM »

Lets see now, you win because you screamed and hit the horse repeatedly on the backside during warmup. Obviously this was after you HELPED him earlier in the day or evening with something else. Do you deny cashing a BIG BET on this rat? Did the same tactic(s&w) work the next time the horse ran? I bet not. Joe, you are what you are.A FORMER CROOKED TRAINER AND DRIVER!
ZeeGirl

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 09:48:25 AM »

Geez, I have got to try hollering, screaming, and beating up my steed.  What a concept........... LOL
TC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 09:50:15 AM »

Why would Joe "help" Hosea Williams and put him in jeopardy ?  Hosea would OK "anything" as long as Joe would agree to catch drive...LOL  As a player, I wouldn't be running to the windows on a Williams off/Dakuras on scenario.  Ah, the grassy knoll has another troll goof stretched out on the lawn.  LOL  TC
swoodall

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 12:55:26 PM »

TC

I have to disagree with you big time on one thing.  Going from Hosea to Joe is a big driver change and I think I may have bet that horse(small) because of it.  I have always thought if Ringthetownbell had had a different trainer he would have 400k in earnings on his card right now.  If Joe wants to drive a Danial Allen horse on a Sunday give me a heads up so I can go to the bank on Saturday.  Is this driver substitution rule just for races that are involved in bets that cover multiple races?
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 05:25:27 PM »

I don't think Flying Mac could win if every driver in the race bet him.
Richard Breth

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 12:18:08 AM »

I am sure that if Michael Corley had not overreacted and fined Brent Holland for entering the winner circle that Brent would have never appealed the fine.

This is the kind of insite that makes BTW the #1 forum in harness racing.

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 08:29:52 AM »

This is the kind of insite that makes BTW the #1 forum in harness racing.

This is the kind of spelling (insite, how about insight?) that also makes BTW the #1 forum in harness racing. LOL And to think I actually wrote that and never corrected it. LOL

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN