Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 01:59:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONSTERMACK FALLING APART?  (Read 3716 times)
off stride

« on: October 26, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »

this quallifier tends to show that illini monstermack is regressing since his departure from the scott nance barn .. as most have seem to have done

1/4  1/2  3/4   STR       FIN      TIME   LAST Q  ODDS     DRIVER       TRAINER
Loyal Opposition      4    1    1    1    1-8       1-10 3/4 1:55.1  28.4   .        A Miller
Toobi See             2    3    2    2    2-8       2-10 3/4 1:57.2  30.0   .        Mt Cox
Ob Trice              3    4    5    6o   5-17 3/4  3-20 3/4 1:59.2  29.1   .        B Simpson
Kennans Shawn         5    5    6    7    3-17      4-22     1:59.3  29.0   .        B Holland
Claudius Q            7    7    7    5oo  4-17 1/2  5-22 1/2 1:59.4  29.3   .        M Oosting
Illini Monstermack    6    6o   4o   3o   6-19      6-24 3/4 2:00.1  30.2   .        J Duncan
Sizzlin Megan         1    2    3    4    7-21      7-27     2:00.3  30.3   .        D May
The Hermitage         8    8X   X8   8X   8-DIS     8-DIS    00.0    00.0   .        Ly Miller
Time-29.2; 58.0; 1:26.2; 1:55.1**

Report to moderator   Logged
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:42:37 PM »

I never met Scott or Dan Nance, but my buddy LVd knows Scott and says he is one hell of a good horseman.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 07:25:57 AM »

Who cares about this horse?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 08:58:18 AM »

That mile gets him q'ed, no?  I haven't watched the replay yet, but I will watch closely, paying attention to the actual effort given......

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
tonymfan

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:18:42 AM »

I never met Scott or Dan Nance, but my buddy LVd knows Scott and says he is one hell of a good horseman.

Its just winning races that's a problem. I lost track. What's sn's overall record in Chicago now?

If the esteemed troll Vegas Reporter was right the horse suffered a soft tissue injury after leaving sn's barn. That might also explain the regression.
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 10:50:07 AM »

I don't know where O.S. is coming from.....R. Olcott won paying a very nice price.....Monster had a 2nd after a break then a bad showing at balmoral with Holland in the bike then the Q......My horse didn't race for a month before he left the barn......nates horse ran Bad in the barn and Bad after... this whole thread makes no sense to me....

trotter

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 10:56:14 AM »

I don't know where O.S. is coming from.....R. Olcott won paying a very nice price.....Monster had a 2nd after a break then a bad showing at balmoral with Holland in the bike then the Q......My horse didn't race for a month before he left the barn......nates horse ran Bad in the barn and Bad after... this whole thread makes no sense to me....

trotter
What I find funny is that the winner of that qualifier was Loyal Opposition, on e of the greatest pacing mares ever.
And we're talking about Illini Monstermack??
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

trotter

Tall Ol' Boy. Olcott and Monstermack have gone backwards after one start.
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 02:35:34 PM »

Its just winning races that's a problem. I lost track. What's sn's overall record in Chicago now?

It's tough to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. First you need a good chicken to work with.
tonymfan

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 11:39:24 AM »

It's tough to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. First you need a good chicken to work with.

It's back to the question of having the personal skills to attract and keep owners that will bring good stock to your barn.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 12:31:33 PM »

It's back to the question of having the personal skills to attract and keep owners that will bring good stock to your barn.

This is very true.  Back around 1994, I went to Santa Anita one morning to watch my 2 y.o. filly breeze. No one was in the stands  at 5am,except my trainer (76 yr old Elmer January) and I, when Bob Baffert drove in, and walked up to sit with us. Elmer trained quarter horses, but I gave him one of his first t/b's to work with.

He joked ,introduced himself to me, (he used to work for Elmer at Los Alamitos) and was full of quick witted positive comments. (for all he knew, I had just hit the lottery and was ready to buy a million or two worth of stock) .  But he looked at Elmer and flatly stated "YOU should be the one that made the jump from quarter horses, to these god damn thouroghbreds, whatever I knew about these things I learned form you, but I guess I am full of more b.s. than you, so I got the job"!!   Elmer just grinned, and agreed.

We had a good laugh that morning, and I would guess that 99% of people that were looking for a trainer would love Bob B. He has a great personality, and is extremely outgoing, and funny. 

People skills are very important in any business, but especially horse racing.  Wink

The more you bet...the more you win
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »

this quallifier tends to show that illini monstermack is regressing since his departure from the scott nance barn .. as most have seem to have done

1/4  1/2  3/4   STR       FIN      TIME   LAST Q  ODDS     DRIVER       TRAINER
Loyal Opposition      4    1    1    1    1-8       1-10 3/4 1:55.1  28.4   .        A Miller
Toobi See             2    3    2    2    2-8       2-10 3/4 1:57.2  30.0   .        Mt Cox
Ob Trice              3    4    5    6o   5-17 3/4  3-20 3/4 1:59.2  29.1   .        B Simpson
Kennans Shawn         5    5    6    7    3-17      4-22     1:59.3  29.0   .        B Holland
Claudius Q            7    7    7    5oo  4-17 1/2  5-22 1/2 1:59.4  29.3   .        M Oosting
Illini Monstermack    6    6o   4o   3o   6-19      6-24 3/4 2:00.1  30.2   .        J Duncan
Sizzlin Megan         1    2    3    4    7-21      7-27     2:00.3  30.3   .        D May
The Hermitage         8    8X   X8   8X   8-DIS     8-DIS    00.0    00.0   .        Ly Miller
Time-29.2; 58.0; 1:26.2; 1:55.1**

Its kind of hard to read that chart O/S.........but I dont see it as too bad of a line.........first up into the eyes of a 2.8 million dollar earning mare, who was on cruise control.  Looks to me like a 30.2 final quarter after sucking 3/4 of a mile of AIR is not too bad. We also dont know if he was urged at all, or wrapped up down the lane.

Lot of unknowns .  I wouldnt draw much conclusion from that one line.

jmho

The more you bet...the more you win
sn

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 01:42:11 PM »

Hey tall (john groth) you are one two faced goof!!!!
Im not going to make any accusations just state some facts, time will tell like it always does. The only problem that I have training horses is that I am to nice to stiffs and to people that want to take advantage of me.
Fact no.1- Nates horse was 2nd with Tetrick the night he left my stable!!!

Fact no.2- Tall or johns horse Mclock didnt race for a month because he insisted on taking care of him himself to try and save afew bucks on the bill and "Corded" the poor horse!!!!

Fact no.3- I kept Roy olcott racing on those leggs all summer in brutal miles he was having another problem (not lamness) which I found out what it was the week before I told the owner to leave. The only people that know this is Riccollo, myself and Dr. Wilcox. I took them 1 week to break the poor horse down

Fact no. 3- I am the one who found Illini monstermack, I am the one who managed his racing career, I am the one who kept him on the track week in and week out going BRUTAL miles and never catching a break on the track!!! I am the one who made BIG $$$$$$ for riccollo gambling and NEVER got any credit for it. The only problem that horse has is that he doesnt like the people hes around and where hes at!!!

You guys can say what ever you want, but facts are facts and giving credit where credit is due seems to be a big problem with people in Chi. like I said say what you want the truth comes out in the end!!!

p.s. hey tall (john groth) remember how you used to tell me that McLock was a 150 pacer you were right on with that one werent you!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 01:45:06 PM by sn » Report to moderator   Logged
off stride

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 01:45:37 PM »

if you say being beaten by 24 and 3/4 lengths in a qualifier is good then i am sure there are a lot of horses people would like to sell you .. and the qually only went in 55 and a small piece .. for forum reading purposes you should adjust the looks and layout of the forum in your profile...it makes things as plain as daylight, and there was a lot of daylight... 5 seconds worth between mack and  the opposition

right on scott nanace.. tall again doesnt even have a clue
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:06:47 PM »

SN    Please realize that there is a lot of animosity toward you on this forum because of all the silly obnoxious
crap posted by your brother and his cohorts.I realize YOU are not responsible for other people and this is unfair to you.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »

Im not going to make any accusations just state some facts, time will tell like it always does. The only problem that I have training horses is that I am to nice to stiffs and to people that want to take advantage of me.

Fact no.2- Tall or johns horse Mclock didnt race for a month because he insisted on taking care of him himself to try and save afew bucks on the bill and "Corded" the poor horse!!!!

Fact no.3- I kept Roy olcott racing on those leggs all summer in brutal miles he was having another problem (not lamness) which I found out what it was the week before I told the owner to leave. The only people that know this is Riccollo, myself and Dr. Wilcox. I took them 1 week to break the poor horse down

Fact no. 3- I am the one who found Illini monstermack, I am the one who managed his racing career, I am the one who kept him on the track week in and week out going BRUTAL miles and never catching a break on the track!!! I am the one who made BIG $$$$$$ for riccollo gambling and NEVER got any credit for it. The only problem that horse has is that he doesnt like the people hes around and where hes at!!!

You guys can say what ever you want, but facts are facts and giving credit where credit is due seems to be a big problem with people in Chi. like I said say what you want the truth comes out in the end!!!

p.s. hey tall (john groth) remember how you used to tell me that McLock was a 150 pacer you were right on with that one werent you!!!

Welcome back SN!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 02:20:36 PM »

Speaking of credit, what's the situation with your credit.
Others have posted that you are not paying your bills in Illinois and in Ohio.
MWG

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »

My only contribution to this thread is to say that Tall owns Monstermack, it's  HIS money at risk, it's HIS option to use whatever trainer HE chooses, it's HIS option to do with the horse as HE pleases. For those on BTW who own no horses or were Tall's former trainers, until such time as YOU risk YOUR capital money to own this or any other horse, it would be best to wish Tall luck in his endeavors and the remainer of US to just SHUT UP. As to SN, former trainer for Tall, best to remember that no matter how talented you or others (trainers/drivers) are, and I don't question your ability, but that without private owners, your skills mean nothing, unless they can be applied in a manner acceptable and beneficial to the OWNER, repeat OWNER. If you don't like OWNERS, good or bad, become a OWNER/TRAINER yourself. Then you have the total freedom to do as you please, and, for the rest of us, time to SHUTUP. The old saying - "Money talks, bullshit walks". Already been too much "bulls--t" on this subject.
sn

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 02:22:38 PM »

Burton, If I owe I pay!!!!

Remember one thing, "They'll Never bust me"!!!!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 02:24:23 PM »

My only contribution to this thread is to say that Tall owns Monstermack, it's  HIS money at risk, it's HIS option to use whatever trainer HE chooses, it's HIS option to do with the horse as HE pleases. For those on BTW who own no horses or were Tall's former trainers, until such time as YOU risk YOUR capital money to own this or any other horse, it would be best to wish Tall luck in his endeavors and the remainer of US to just SHUT UP. As to SN, former trainer for Tall, best to remember that no matter how talented you or others (trainers/drivers) are, and I don't question your ability, but that without private owners, your skills mean nothing, unless they can be applied in a manner acceptable and beneficial to the OWNER, repeat OWNER. If you don't like OWNERS, good or bad, become a OWNER/TRAINER yourself. Then you have the total freedom to do as you please, and, for the rest of us, time to SHUTUP. The old saying - "Money talks, bullshit walks". Already been too much "bulls--t" on this subject.

Wrong owner OL'Chum. LOL! Tall doesn't own Mack! LOL!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

Shouldn't the quote be "They'll Never bust me again"??
sn

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 02:31:43 PM »

MWG, your mistaken, Tall (john Groth) doesnt own Monstermack!!!! matter of fact he doesnt own anything he could never afford to buy a horse like Monstermack you see he cost $18,329 after we split the purse check the night he was bought!!!
Tall (john Groth) claimed McLock for $6,000 and got his money back in 4 starts then blew it all at the windows thinking he knew so much!!!
Its fine if he wants to change trainers, I dont mind at all, tell you the truth the guy was a real pain!!!! with all his nonsense. But do it with class!!! take your horse and his eqip. and move on thats it and thats that!!! dont come on here and go around telling lies about me to try and justify moving the horse who cares??? no one!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »

SN. Buy stock in ALBERTO CULVER. LOL! Ask Joe B.  geezer
TC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »

MWG, your mistaken, Tall (john Groth) doesnt own Monstermack!!!! matter of fact he doesnt own anything he could never afford to buy a horse like Monstermack you see he cost $18,329 after we split the purse check the night he was bought!!!
Tall (john Groth) claimed McLock for $6,000 and got his money back in 4 starts then blew it all at the windows thinking he knew so much!!!
Its fine if he wants to change trainers, I dont mind at all, tell you the truth the guy was a real pain!!!! with all his nonsense. But do it with class!!! take your horse and his eqip. and move on thats it and thats that!!! dont come on here and go around telling lies about me to try and justify moving the horse who cares??? no one!!!!

SN. Get ready for TALL! LOL! He'll be on the attack. TC

(((((((((((((((((WAR)))))))))))))))))
MWG

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »

Thank you for the clarification on the horse ownership. Be it Monstermack, McLock, or Olcott or whatever or whomever owns what, why, etc.., it seems not beneficial to either party (owner/trainer/driver) to bash one another on a public discussion forum and whether good or bad, the owner of the horse, in question, reserves the right to determine the care and use of the horse. To engage in a continuous "war of words" by and between the former trainer and a horse owner only hurts the trainer IMO. An owner can, always, find a trainer but a trainer can not always find owners. A trainer who, publicly, is argumentative, no matter who is right or wrong, with current and former owners only seals his fate when attempting to attract new owners to his stable. Talent without restraint, tact, and salesmanship will yield no success.
Anyway, good luck with your endeavors. Enough said.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: