Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 05:43:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeders Crown & George Brennan  (Read 828 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »

The best of the best in our sport and the so called "best driver in harness racing" has few drives.
In fact I think he's listed on only two horses.
Why isn't Georgie Porgie driving much on the biggest stage in harness racing?
Report to moderator   Logged
casemania

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:06 PM »

HMMMMMMM.........I WONDER WHO THIS THREAD IS DIRECTED AT??? Huh
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:19:11 PM »

HMMMMMMM.........I WONDER WHO THIS THREAD IS DIRECTED AT??? Huh
Get Swoodall on the case.
He's the resident Columbo.
MWG

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »

The best of the best in our sport and the so called "best driver in harness racing" has few drives.
In fact I think he's listed on only two horses.
Why isn't Georgie Porgie driving much on the biggest stage in harness racing?

I am no big fan of Brennan's driving associations with the likes of Banca and Robinson; however, of all the M1 drivers that race, occasionally, at Harrington Raceway (half-miler), Brennan is, probably, the most respected M1 driver on this half-mile track. Per appearance at Harrington, Brennan's catch-drive win ratio is much higher than Manzi, Gingras, Pierce, Sears, or D. Miller. The boy is certainly a great half-mile track driver. Regrettably, Georgie B. doesn't race down here often. Sorry his rides for the Banca/Robinson team have soiled his rep.
casemania

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 06:34:02 PM »

I am no big fan of Brennan's driving associations with the likes of Banca and Robinson; however, of all the M1 drivers that race, occasionally, at Harrington Raceway (half-miler), Brennan is, probably, the most respected M1 driver on this half-mile track. Per appearance at Harrington, Brennan's catch-drive win ratio is much higher than Manzi, Gingras, Pierce, Sears, or D. Miller. The boy is certainly a great half-mile track driver. Regrettably, Georgie B. doesn't race down here often. Sorry his rides for the Banca/Robinson team have soiled his rep.
I KNEW YOU HAD A LITTLE COMMON SENSE...........BUT........WHY DOES GEORGIES REP TAKE A HIT CAUSE HE DRIVES FOR BANCA AND ROBINSON?Huh
HE DOESNT PRERACE HIM..........HE JUST STEERS THEM!!
HE PICKS THE BEST HORSES TO DRIVE AND THESE GUYS PUT WINNERS ON THE TRACK
HE DOES HAVE A FAMILY TO SUPPORT YOU KNOW!
HES A MILLIONAIRE CAUSE HE WINS RACES...........BE IT FOR THOSE GUYS OR WHOEVER.......HES JUST MAKING A LIVING DRIVING HORSES JUST LIKE ANYBODY ELSE!
WHAT SHOULD HE DO.........REFUSE TO DRIVE THEIR HORSES,SIT THE BENCH AND BE POOR??
I DONT GET THE LOGIC HERE! EVERY DRIVER IN THE SPORT WOULD CUT GEORGIES BALLS OFF TO GET THOSE ACCOUNTS!!! Roll Eyes
burton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »

HE DOESNT PRERACE HIM..........HE JUST STEERS THEM!!

My thoughts exactly!
casemania

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:03 PM »

YEAH..........SO DO ABOUT A THOUSAND OTHER DRIVERS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY EVERY DAY!!! Roll Eyes
MWG

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 07:15:24 PM »

YEAH..........SO DO ABOUT A THOUSAND OTHER DRIVERS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY EVERY DAY!!! Roll Eyes

Nobody is diminishing Georgie B's abilities, I admire his talent, but an association with the worst in the business may make you money but is not helpful to your overall reputation. You see the comments here on BTW "George is the best "juice" driver" in the business ". Or how about your comments relative to the MacDonald/Coleman relationship ? Or how about the days when Howard Parker was driving Mumbo King for Chansky ? Or, today, Ledford's relationship with his own father's situation ? Yeah, you're right, one does things for money, and there's plenty who'd, gladly, change places with Brennan. IMO, however, driving for the likes of Banca/Robinson will not endear yourself to a reputation of "greatness".
njhorseman

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 07:20:08 PM »

Nobody is diminishing Georgie B's abilities, I admire his talent, but an association with the worst in the business may make you money but is not helpful to your overall reputation. You see the comments here on BTW "George is the best "juice" driver" in the business ". Or how about your comments relative to the MacDonald/Coleman relationship ? Or how about the days when Howard Parker was driving Mumbo King for Chansky ? Or, today, Ledford's relationship with his own father's situation ? Yeah, you're right, one does things for money, and there's plenty who'd, gladly, change places with Brennan. IMO, however, driving for the likes of Banca/Robinson will not endear yourself to a reputation of "greatness".

In all fairness, just about every top driver, from John Campbell on down, has driven for some crook or another on a regular basis during his career. To single out Brennan is unfair. To discuss how all drivers could contribute to the sport's honesty is something else.
casemania

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 07:21:15 PM »

SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT THOSE GUYS "WHO WOULD GLADLY CHANGE PLACES W/ BRENNAN"WOULD HAVE THEIR REP DIMINISHED BY ASSOC W/ GUYS LIKE BANCA AND ROBINSON?

I HONESTLY DONT GET HOW YOU COULD LOOK DOWN ON GEORGE CAUSE HE WINS FOR THE TOP GUYS IN THE GAME!!! Huh
pezz97

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 07:24:23 PM »

I agree with Nj and case. I guess silva never does anything at the big M with his horses? So i guess sears is a bad guy for taking all of those mounts too.

By the way, george has 4 drives in the elims and that is 4 more than morgan has. Shit ryan has 1 and that is 1 more than morgan has.!!!!!  dude
MWG

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 07:37:53 PM »

SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT THOSE GUYS "WHO WOULD GLADLY CHANGE PLACES W/ BRENNAN"WOULD HAVE THEIR REP DIMINISHED BY ASSOC W/ GUYS LIKE BANCA AND ROBINSON?

I HONESTLY DONT GET HOW YOU COULD LOOK DOWN ON GEORGE CAUSE HE WINS FOR THE TOP GUYS IN THE GAME!!! Huh

Did I say I look down on Georgie B. ? NO  Did I say his drives for the likes of Banca / Robinson doesn't help his reputation ? YES Sorta like the driver of a car, for money, transporting two of his friends to rob a bank. The driver sits in the car while the friends rob the bank. Did the driver rob the bank ? NO Did the driver know the bank was going to be robbed ? YES Is the driver complicit in the crime ? YES Same type of situation IMHO. Much too often there is a great tendency in harness racing to try and separate the relationships between owners, trainers, and drivers. The owner claims "I didn't know". The driver says the same thing and claims "look, I just drive the horse". First time out - okay, stick it to the trainer. Second time out - stick it to them all. And until the time comes that all parties in the deal are held accountable, this sport will suffer the "Holborn Hanover" situation and lack of respectability.
getemup

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 07:38:55 PM »

I agree with Nj and case. I guess silva never does anything at the big M with his horses? So i guess sears is a bad guy for taking all of those mounts too.

By the way, george has 4 drives in the elims and that is 4 more than morgan has. Shit ryan has 1 and that is 1 more than morgan has.!!!!!  dude

Tetrick has a drive too!
casemania

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »

Did I say I look down on Georgie B. ? NO  Did I say his drives for the likes of Banca / Robinson doesn't help his reputation ? YES Sorta like the driver of a car, for money, transporting two of his friends to rob a bank. The driver sits in the car while the friends rob the bank. Did the driver rob the bank ? NO Did the driver know the bank was going to be robbed ? YES Is the driver complicit in the crime ? YES Same type of situation IMHO. Much too often there is a great tendency in harness racing to try and separate the relationships between owners, trainers, and drivers. The owner claims "I didn't know". The driver says the same thing and claims "look, I just drive the horse". First time out - okay, stick it to the trainer. Second time out - stick it to them all. And until the time comes that all parties in the deal are held accountable, this sport will suffer the "Holborn Hanover" situation and lack of respectability.
THATS YOUR OPINION.........BUT I STILL DONT GET HOW GEORGE FITS IN THE EQUATION!!
HE DOESNT WORK W/ THE HORSE ALL WEEK.........HE SITS ON HIM FOR A TOTAL OF 10 MINS A WEEK!!!
pezz97

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »

Boy am I glad MWG has me on ignore now so I ddoon't have to argue with his dumb ass!!! He has said alot od dumb things and this is right there at the top
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: