Full fields, competitve races, Corey Callahan, Tony Morgan among the Colony tonight as well. Been a long time coming since we have had this kind of card..
Just some thoughts:
5. Mandabra- Wired 20,000 Claimers for Corey four starts back. Only 4th start since July 31 win. Concern?
3. Stargazer Lilly – In season best form. Shes great on the half, but, likely works out easy journey here behind 5.
9. House On Fire- Seems to destain coming off the pace. JRob made need aggressive quarter pole move from second tier.
4. All Shoes on Deck- Seems to always hit the board at Rosecroft.
8. Bossy Volo- Poor post, but last two are nice pocket sitting efforts.
6. Beau Joe- Loves this oval, but, how does he get to the front?
7. Way Over Paid- August form reversal terrific. Just need to see him on bigger track. Use Under
1. Whitesville Ted- In good form but has never beaten 2:00 in victory. Won’t win here
2. Fiorenza- Sneaky decent mile last time. This is solid bunch though
7. Bodine Hanover- This entire field is off form. Had significant road trouble in last forced three-wide before half. LAST CHANCE
1. El Cumanchero- Always does the work and likely does again from the rail.
5. Tampa bay Escape- 66 starts in last two years and many at a higher caliber. Wake up?
2, Ask Directions- exits subpar half mile tries. 0-40, yet computer says 7-2.
3. Bettor Win- gets post relief, but, broke in last, lost last 3 by 34 ¼ lengths.
6. Ms. America –stablemates won 2 Saturday....
9. Kounty Blues 1-21 seems destined to cop minor share at best.
4. Sir Westside Z Tam- Won at VD last year in 1:53. Only win in 200.2 this year
8. Badlands Greg- Speed try in last from same spot, needed oxygen at ¾
6. Madge’s Lil Fortune – Got smoked by Speed crusher last time. Not many in here been in this class. She’s been higher.
5. Raquel- No Guts here for me. Been at Open level back in Spring now picks up CC. Can do it. Saturday my no guts pick won at 5-1.
1. Lil Miss Bourbon- Could stalk nicely here into a nice spot.
8. Rosie De Vie- Fear she may get hung here. Well traveled. Barn history here is good.
9. Steppin Hanover- In best form of year. Donnie will have to negotiate different strategy this week. Great engine effort last time.
2. CJ Crystal – In great form and only win last year came here.
7. Forbidden Cam- Has beaten better in past, but, suspect form in last two.
3. Eastwood Aurora N –New barn back Class could mix it up early here.
4. Haley and Taylor – Did I really pick Morgan Last?
9. Sleek N Wow – Reasonable efforts in the Quaker State. Seems a second faster than most here.
4. Hey Buddy Mac- Likely fronts them earlier. Exits sharp Q.
8. Jingle Bells- Will be flying late. Excellent form on half.
3. Shanghai Jack- Dad and Grandfather were WORLD Champions. Stalking trip likely.
6. Calcutta- 1-13 this year, but, ability to hit ticket.
5. Blarney- Computer pitches, but, miles at Jug Week were solid. Mare seems versatile.
7. Accokeek Mercury – 50% win percentage. Breaks in 2 of last 3 scare me.
1. Whitesville Liz- Recent luck not good. BE and sick Scratch. Sleeper Tri value.
2. Buck ID – Best form was with Frank Milby driving.
9. Cowboy Artist- Needed last. Just missed in last quarter of 27.3 Does he follow 2 or 3 out of gate?
5. One America- Chased two good foes first over in Q. Morgan-Crissman use.
8. Areyouinorout – Reasonable form from bad posts at the Ocean. Might leave.
7. Alastair Hanover- Longtime Roger Hammer trainee has been a disaster against better for a month. Now off 23 days.
3. Tomado Island N- Recent form good, Eddie Davis Jr.+
2. Macho McGraw- Does he try to front Them here? CC drives.
4. CJ Striker- Typical 5-Claimer. Just don’t know from start to start. 1-20
6. Who’s Next- Seems to like front. Could get parked here.
1. Riverpath- Could derail my top choice. Suspect form and fell before last start.
3. Jeremes General- Sharp effort off layoff. Was way overbet, not his fault.
6. Caviart Tyler- Lack of speed in here makes him great play. Gets to front here.
1. Game Day-Style fits bigger track like RCR. Over 50% top 3.
4. Come On Ridge- Been ok on half for new barn. Expect better on this surface. Seems like former barn has dispersed, who has Abelard?
2. Upbyfive- Could he be in pocket behind 6? Exacta-trifecta value.
5. Encoding Z Tam- Huge class drop, has CC, could be in play behind 3, means good trip.
7. Native Style- Shows a win in July vs 15-Claimers.
8. Bettor Not Miss- 1 good effort on half. Style projects to bigger track.
9. Joe Rocks- Beat bottom level in last for first win.
2. I Wanna Go Fast- Hardest race of the night to Cap. Layoffs make you concerned about 1, 4, and 8. Sharp effort last time. How many leave here is the question.
4. Fancy Colt- Was ultra sharp then took 7 months off. If we get speed duel here, he picks up the pieces.
1. Shady Breeze – As I predict speed duel, watch JRob rate a :56 half and the race be over. 1-13 this year though.
8. Beavercreek Artist- Was good here in Spring. Note: 2nd tier here. Two month layoff..
7. Real Impulsive- Mayor over Tim Tetrick and Dave Miller from now on. Lats time was freaky.
6. Booze Crusin- Vet was sharp last time, but, how does he get his best trip here?
3. hi Sir- I love him to win if you think they are at the half in :55 or faster.
5. Megs Boy- In a field of solid horses, some will finish 8th. Form is great.
8. Rocket Rosy- Raced huge from bad post in last. Call Back.
1. Together Again N- Reunited with Morgan, and I bet it will feel so good.
3. Fran Luck- Big effort from bad post like top choice in last.
4. Shaker Rei- Beat bottom level in last. Will not get qtr pole move here, but, could get speed duel she likes to stalk.
7. Scarlet Pandemic- Back on her favorite service, got the confidence booster in last.
6. Valentina De Vie-Good first over try in latest. Doubt Lundell roughs up 3 yr old.
2. KJ’s Caroline- Good speed try in latest. These are a bit better.
5. A Mean Hurricane- Form was ok at OD, this is better bunch.
9. Little Miss WooHoo- Ocean Success forces here over her head here. Fits NW 4,000
5. Movie Idol- Solid final quarters with not much reward at Chester. Last time was good here.
1. Dalhousie Dave- JROB might front them as far as he can go.
7. Lislea Pat Solid try last time to get win. Driver made great move to do so.
6. Firecracker Freddy- Q was less than inspiring. Is better than that and Milby Choice.
8. Rebel Soldier- Shows no wins and gapped time on card. Often first over. Fast enough to win though.
2. Lyons Meandragon- One of three who get in on AE Clause NW 9. Huge effort 3 starts back on half.
9. St. Lads He Man- Freaky fast for ¾ but how does he get lead from 2nd tier?
4. Igotyourcrazy- Shocked he didn’t get claimed at Scioto. Will need bigger effort here.
3. Acelo Hanover- Yes I picked Morgan last again.
1.Restless Native shows losses to Open Pace foes. Good spot here.
5.Change Your Luck- Liked the effort last time. Will try for value play here.
9. A Wild Impulse- Could be well placed behind 1.
8. Missed Opportunity – Beaten by better in last but now bad post.
7. Yankee Crossfire- Stalker better suited for this track. Don’t discount on ticket.
3. Tidewater Titan- Needed breather. Will he be ready?
2. Scirocco Billy- Picks up Morgan. That’s a plus.
6. Blissful Silence- Beaver left last time, could do so here too.
4. Scenic Hall- 0-15 needs to find form.
8. Pop A Top Pop- Maine and Massachusetts miles were good enough for me.
6. Caerleaon Hanover – Part of a hug summer in claiming game for Chick and Lare. 0-28???
1. Samcro- Computer doesn’t like, but, I do. Could front these are work nice trip from rail.
4. Show Stopping- Style fits bigger track. On board 11-24.
3. Steady Pulse- Off nearly 3 months. But talented.
9. Golly Me- JROB and form was good at Ocean til he got parked in latest.
7. Kings Treasure- 1-18 but could pick up some pieces late.
2. Card Hustler- Came from Way back last time and won in final stride.
2. Varsity Hanover- This is what we have all wondered about. Morgan on board. 1:50.2?
1. Talbot Redneck- Could he front Varsity Hanover or vice versa?
5. Just Bettor. Could be better in 2nd start back.
3. Main A Dieu Too- Barn has struggled of late. 1-22 but has to be Superfecta inclusion.
4. happy New Year- Has faced good foes and tired on lead in last.
6. Down and Dirty- 2nd start for new barn, better?
8. Olive to Party- Last was eye popper.
9. Doomsday Hanover- Usually likes front, but, 2nd tier and almost 3 months between starts.
7. Beginners Luck- Does Plante leave?If not, likely doesn’t get into it..