|Illinois Racing Board
January 9, 2004
Contact: Mickey Ezzo, Mickey_Ezzo@irb.state.il.us
- Heading of the Part: Superfecta
- Code Citation: 11 Ill. Adm. Code 31
- Section Number: 311.35 Proposed Action: Amend
- Statutory Authority: 230 ILCS 5/9(b)
- A Complete Description of the Subjects and Issues Involved: Currently, the rule prohibits the carding of a superfecta wager on races with fewer than seven betting interests at the start of the race. This prohibition does not apply to thoroughbred stakes races. This rulemaking would permit superfecta wagering on harness stakes races with a minimum purse of $50,000 where no minimum field requirement is established.
- Will these proposed amendments replace emergency amendments currently in effect? No.
- Does this rulemaking contain an automatic repeal date? No.
- Do these proposed amendments contain incorporation by reference? No.
- Are there any other proposed amendments pending in this Part? No.
- Statement of Statewide Policy Objectives: No local governmental units will be required to increase expenditures.
- Time, Place and Manner in which interested persons may comment on this proposed rulemaking: Written comments should be submitted, within 45 days of this notice, to: Mickey Ezzo, Illinois Racing Board, 100 West Randolph, Suite 11-100, Chicago, Illinois 60601, (312) 814-5017.
- Initial Regulatory Flexibility Analysis:
- Types of small business affected: None
- Reporting, bookkeeping or other procedures required for compliance: None
- Types of professional skills necessary for compliance: None
- Regulatory Agenda which this rulemaking was summarized: This rulemaking was not included on either of the most recent two regulatory agendas because it was not anticipated when they were submitted.
TITLE 11: ALCOHOL, HORSE RACING, AND LOTTERY
SUBTITLE B: HORSE RACING
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
SUBCHAPTER a GENERAL RULES
AUTHORITY: Authorized by Section 9(b) of the Illinois Horse Racing Act of 1975 [230 ILCS 5/9(b)].
SOURCE: Adopted at 18 Ill. Reg. 7440, effective May 8, 1994; amended at 19 Ill. Reg. 6663, effective May 1, 1995; amended at 26 Ill. Reg. 4903, effective March 20, 2002; amended at 26 Ill. Reg. 12357, effective August 1, 2002; emergency amendment effective November 15, 2002; amended at 27 Ill. Reg. ___________; effective ___________.
Section 311.35 Minimum Fields
- Superfecta wagering shall be prohibited on races with fewer than seven betting interests at the start of the race.
- This Section shall not be applicable to thoroughbred stakes races. or standardbred stakes races with a minimum purse of $50,000.
(Source: Amended at 27 Ill. Reg. ____________, effective ____________)