|Illinois Racing Board
There will be a meeting of the Illinois Racing Board on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at Fairmount Park Racetrack, Collinsville, Illinois, starting at 10:30 am.
Please note that requests to testify and/or provide written materials on a specific agenda item must be made to Board staff on or before May 14, 2013.
- Request submitted by STAFF for approval of the disbursement of the remaining funds balance in the Horse Racing Equity Trust Fund pursuant to appellate court opinions issued in the cases of Arlington Park Racecourse, LLC v. Illinois Racing Board, et al., 2012 IL App (1st) No. 1-10-3743 and Hawthorne Race Course, Inc. v. Illinois Racing Board, et al., 2013 IL App (1st) No. 1-11-1780.
- Request submitted by the BROWN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION, INC. for approval of an organization license to conduct pari-mutuel wagering on July 29 and 30, 2013 at the Brown County Fair in Mt. Sterling, Illinois.
- Request submitted by the ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE for approval of organization licenses to conduct harness racing at the Illinois and DuQuoin State Fairs.
- Request submitted by STAFF for industry positions and testimony on amending Rules 1424.50 and 1314.150 (“Allocation of Stalls”) with respect to approval of stall applications at a meeting of the Board, timing of the allocation of stalls, and provisions for stall rent, reinstatement fees, user fees and other similar fees.
- Approval of Board Meeting Minutes.