Maywood Park (11/16/12)
Contact: Tom Kelley
Windy City Players Guide and analysis
An inside look at Chicago harness racing
By Michael Antoniades, Chicago Racing Analyst
Available on the web at oddsonracing.com
Welcome to the Players Guide
We will give you an informed look at tonight’s racing program in Chicago. We have tailored the Players Guide for several types of betting style. What is your style? For me personally, it means being a contrarian and taking some chances. I will bet against the favorite whenever possible, if I think there is VALUE in another selection. Sometimes the play is to key a favorite on top of the overvalued horses in exotics. If you are going to show a profit in this game, you must get value when you are investing your money. In the long run, creating this discipline is the difference between winning and losing.
The ratings list our top selections in order of their probability of winning. These ratings give no credence to the odds, although horses with value are included in these selections throughout the evening. It is our opinion of the top contenders, listed in order of their probability of winning. If you are a risk taker or value player, then Michael’s Plays should be of considerable interest to you. I will take calculated chances, selecting horses with more wagering value and higher odds. My plays may select fewer winners than my top-rated selection, but in the long run, I believe Michael’s Plays will give you a higher return on your investment.
In closing, I remind you that the name of the game is not selecting the most winners. The name of the game is making money. Our goal is to have a profitable year. For the serious player, we know that is your goal as well.
Friday, November 16 Maywood Park selections
||Top Rated Horse (Conservative Choice)
||Michael's Play (Speculative Opinion)
||5 Conkers Conquest
||1 Eastern Regal
||3 Joey Lee Macdavid
||2 Weekend Update
||1 Little Sweetheart
||4 Blueridge Valentino
||5 JV’s Bad Boy
||3 Big Brad
||5 LB’s Alamericanjoy
||9 Brooklyn Flight
||1 Fox Valley George
||5 Market Share
||6 Big Mcdeal
||3 Sleazy Does It
||2 Well To Do Guru
||4 Fort Silky
||2 Pet Rock
||1 Hurricane Kingcole
||7 Go On BB
||3 Bluebird Regal
||3 Lennox Blue Chip
||1 Smiling Bob
||2 Con Game
||3 Galactic Star
||6 Delco Willobee
RACE TEN $215,000 WINDY CITY PACE
1. HURRICANE KINGCOLE - This colt has ungodly speed when he’s right but it’s an absolute guess as to who shows up tonight. McDermott acknowledged that the colt has health issues after a dismal performance in the American National and that the colder temps this evening could be what the doctor ordered. Paced the first three quarters of a mile in 1:18.3 on Hambletonian day.
2. PET ROCK – A seven time winner and could get close to the million dollar plateau with a victory tonight. Dropped a heartbreaking photo in the Messenger to pocket sitting Bolt The Duer but was brilliant in defeat as the duo drew away from the rest of the field. Huge chance.
3. A ROCKNROLL DANCE – The Meadowlands Pace champion is very much in play for divisional honors and a win tonight certainly could be the deciding factor as it would push his career earning over two million dollars. Engaged Pet Rock first up in the Messenger but retreated and finished fourth. If Miller decides to change tactics tonight and go to the front this could be an extraordinary first quarter.
4. DYNAMIC YOUTH – Trainer Lambert rested this gelding for five weeks late in September and his two November starts off the bench have been superb. Highly unlikely to show speed so his chances of winning escalate if the inside three engage early.
5. EASY AGAIN – Teague has a good one here. He could go off at a big price. His last start in the American National he was shuffled badly and had a ton of pace when he did shake loose. Another one that will be hoping for a speed battle.
6. LUCKY JET – Harmer’s colt had all kinds of road trouble at Balmoral, but still managed to garner a fourth place in the American National. Tetrick sticks, and that certainly won’t hurt his chances. He has gone several big miles on smaller tracks this year.
7. MCERLEAN – Made his debut on lasix in an overnight last week at Balmoral. Second start lasix tonight but obviously compromised by the outside post and a tougher field. A daunting task.
8. E Z NOAH – He was driven aggressively in the American National but faded badly in the stretch. He will need a lot of luck from out here.
Free program pages are available at the USTA handicapping section.
My selections and harness racing news are available at oddsonracing.com.
For more information visit www.balmoralpark.com or call (708) 672-1414.
About Balmoral Park: Located in Crete, IL just 12 miles south of 80/94; Balmoral Park has been one of the nation's premier horse racing facilities since 1926. Balmoral Park features live racing every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Admission and parking is always free.