Daily Racing Form
Illinois Racing Board
Hawthorne Gold Cup
Illinois Racing Board
|Illinois Racing Board
SUMMARY OF BOARD MEETING
ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
December 20, 2011
- The Board approved 26 intertrack wagering location (OTB) licenses for 2012.
- The Board approved the following intertrack wagering licenses for 2012: Arlington Park, Balmoral Park, Fairmount Park, Hawthorne Race Course, Maywood Park and Quad City Downs.
- The Board approved 27 concessionaire licenses for 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Arlington Park for an OTB license at 9201 W. 159th Street, Orland Hills, Illinois and a concessionaires license to LaRocco Bros.
- The Board approved the following advance deposit wagering licenses for 2012 conditioned upon an extension of the law by the Illinois General Assembly and consent from the horsemen’s associations: Twin Spires, XpressBet, TVG and Sportech Racing (BetZotic). The ADW law sunsets August 25, 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Fairmount Park for the disbursement of $47,900 from the Quarter Horse Purse Fund.
- The Board approved the racing officials submitted by Hawthorne Race Course for 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Hawthorne Race Course to switch live racing from Tuesdays to Sundays during the 2012 spring meet.
- The Board approved a $750,000 grant to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation for 2012.
- The Board approved the following pari-mutuel tax credits authorized under Section 32.1 of the Act: Arlington Park - $2,098,551.98; Balmoral Park - $137,268.99; Fairmount Park - $83,437.18; Hawthorne Race Course - $493,669; and Maywood Park - $250,774.33.
- The Board approved a Board meeting schedule for 2012 (see schedule on Home page of IRB website).
Jockey Carlos Montalvo lands 1,000th career win Saturday at Arlington (8/1)
TrackNotes: The good, bad, sad and suspicious return Of American Pharoah (8/1)
Arlington Park marks 30th anniversary of fire (7/31)
Arlington, Hawthorne mesh '16 dates schedules (7/31)
Mango Diva all-systems-go for Beverly D. (7/31)
Arlington Million XXXIII: Triple Threat and Legendary rested and ready (7/31)
Stephanie’s Kitten possible for Beverly D. (7/30)
30th anniversary of Arlington Park fire (7/30)
Arlington Park fire: Looking back 30 years later with someone who fought the blaze (7/29)
State: No casino money for suburbs during budget impasse (7/29)