Daily Racing Form
Illinois Racing Board
Hawthorne Gold Cup
Illinois Racing Board
|Illinois Racing Board
SUMMARY OF BOARD MEETING
ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
December 20, 2011
- The Board approved 26 intertrack wagering location (OTB) licenses for 2012.
- The Board approved the following intertrack wagering licenses for 2012: Arlington Park, Balmoral Park, Fairmount Park, Hawthorne Race Course, Maywood Park and Quad City Downs.
- The Board approved 27 concessionaire licenses for 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Arlington Park for an OTB license at 9201 W. 159th Street, Orland Hills, Illinois and a concessionaires license to LaRocco Bros.
- The Board approved the following advance deposit wagering licenses for 2012 conditioned upon an extension of the law by the Illinois General Assembly and consent from the horsemenís associations: Twin Spires, XpressBet, TVG and Sportech Racing (BetZotic). The ADW law sunsets August 25, 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Fairmount Park for the disbursement of $47,900 from the Quarter Horse Purse Fund.
- The Board approved the racing officials submitted by Hawthorne Race Course for 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Hawthorne Race Course to switch live racing from Tuesdays to Sundays during the 2012 spring meet.
- The Board approved a $750,000 grant to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation for 2012.
- The Board approved the following pari-mutuel tax credits authorized under Section 32.1 of the Act: Arlington Park - $2,098,551.98; Balmoral Park - $137,268.99; Fairmount Park - $83,437.18; Hawthorne Race Course - $493,669; and Maywood Park - $250,774.33.
- The Board approved a Board meeting schedule for 2012 (see schedule on Home page of IRB website).
Post Racing: Adoption program provides bright life for Thoroughbreds in retirement (3/24)
Frequent flyer Lermyte lands back in Illinois (3/22)
IRB March 2016 meeting agenda (revised) (3/18)
Important ILHBPA law suit announcements (3/16)
Illinois, not Ky.-bred tops 2-year-old sale (3/16)
DerbyWars reaches fee agreement with Hawthorne (3/11)
Hawthorne, DerbyWars reach agreement (3/10)
DerbyWars inks first revenue-sharing deal (3/10)