Daily Racing Form
Illinois Racing Board
Hawthorne Gold Cup
Illinois Racing Board
|Illinois Racing Board
SUMMARY OF BOARD MEETING
ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
December 20, 2011
- The Board approved 26 intertrack wagering location (OTB) licenses for 2012.
- The Board approved the following intertrack wagering licenses for 2012: Arlington Park, Balmoral Park, Fairmount Park, Hawthorne Race Course, Maywood Park and Quad City Downs.
- The Board approved 27 concessionaire licenses for 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Arlington Park for an OTB license at 9201 W. 159th Street, Orland Hills, Illinois and a concessionaires license to LaRocco Bros.
- The Board approved the following advance deposit wagering licenses for 2012 conditioned upon an extension of the law by the Illinois General Assembly and consent from the horsemenís associations: Twin Spires, XpressBet, TVG and Sportech Racing (BetZotic). The ADW law sunsets August 25, 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Fairmount Park for the disbursement of $47,900 from the Quarter Horse Purse Fund.
- The Board approved the racing officials submitted by Hawthorne Race Course for 2012.
- The Board approved a request submitted by Hawthorne Race Course to switch live racing from Tuesdays to Sundays during the 2012 spring meet.
- The Board approved a $750,000 grant to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation for 2012.
- The Board approved the following pari-mutuel tax credits authorized under Section 32.1 of the Act: Arlington Park - $2,098,551.98; Balmoral Park - $137,268.99; Fairmount Park - $83,437.18; Hawthorne Race Course - $493,669; and Maywood Park - $250,774.33.
- The Board approved a Board meeting schedule for 2012 (see schedule on Home page of IRB website).
Illinois vote could impact Thoroughbred dates (8/27)
Venus Valentine a pedigree play in Lassie (8/27)
Donate school supplies for free day at Arlington Park (8/27)
Getting to know The Pizza Man (8/26)
Avisionofchocolate sets her sweet sights on Lassie (8/26)
90-year-old Fairmount Park employee knows the horse racing game (8/25)
Thirty years after devastating fire, Arlington International Racecourse faces a different challenge (8/24)
Connections appeal Secret Gesture demotion (8/22)
Shogood aims to bigger prizes after Futurity triumph (8/23)
Fairmount Park horse owners, trainers sue over finances (8/22)