Daily Racing Form
Illinois Racing Board
Hawthorne Gold Cup
Illinois Racing Board
|Illinois Racing Board
SUMMARY OF BOARD MEETING
ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
December 1, 2011
- The Board approved Balmoral Park’s and Maywood Park’s racing officials for 2012.
- The Board approved racing official Rachelle Vallance, an Outrider at Hawthorne Race Course.
- The Board approved Hawthorne Race Course’s 2012 spring stakes schedule. Highlights include the $500,000 Illinois Derby to be run on April 7th and the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap to be run on April 21st. Six stakes restricted to Illinois breds will be run on Illinois Champions Day, April 28th, each race offering a purse of $125,000.
- The Board approved Balmoral Park’s request to vacate live racing on 13 Tuesdays through March 27, 2012.
- The request submitted by Arlington Park for an OTB license at 9201 W. 159th Street, Orland Hills, Illinois was deferred to the December 20, 2011 Board meeting.
- The Board approved an occupation license to Frank GF to operate as a concessionaire at the OTB facility at 105 E. North Ave., Villa Park, Illinois.
- The Board approved an occupation license to Progressive Management Services to operate as a concessionaire at the OTB facility at 301 N. Milwaukee Ave., Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- The Board approved an occupation license to Country Gambler Cafes to operate as a concessionaire at the OTB facility at 554 E. Devon Ave., Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
- The Board approved a $750,000 grant to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation for 2012.
- The requests submitted by TwinSpires, TVG, XpressBet and Sportech Racing (BetZotic) for advance deposit wagering licenses for 2012 were deferred to the December 20, 2011 Board meeting.
- The Board approved totalizator licenses to AmTote, Sportech Racing and United Tote for 2012.
IRB proposed rulemakings (2/11)
IRB February 2016 meeting cancelled (2/10)
New motion filed in Illinois HBPA suit (2/5)
The Pizza Man opens 7-year-old campaign (2/3)
Hovdey: Without louder voices, SAFE Act passage unlikely (1/29)
Midwest Thoroughbreds and The Pizza Man back for more (1/28)
Richie the Bull makes first start for new connections in Swale (1/27)
Illinois Racing Board approves contested changes to rules for carding races, stall applications (1/26)