Daily Racing Form
Illinois Racing Board
Hawthorne Gold Cup
Illinois Racing Board
|Illinois Racing Board
SUMMARY OF BOARD MEETING
ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
December 1, 2011
- The Board approved Balmoral Park’s and Maywood Park’s racing officials for 2012.
- The Board approved racing official Rachelle Vallance, an Outrider at Hawthorne Race Course.
- The Board approved Hawthorne Race Course’s 2012 spring stakes schedule. Highlights include the $500,000 Illinois Derby to be run on April 7th and the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap to be run on April 21st. Six stakes restricted to Illinois breds will be run on Illinois Champions Day, April 28th, each race offering a purse of $125,000.
- The Board approved Balmoral Park’s request to vacate live racing on 13 Tuesdays through March 27, 2012.
- The request submitted by Arlington Park for an OTB license at 9201 W. 159th Street, Orland Hills, Illinois was deferred to the December 20, 2011 Board meeting.
- The Board approved an occupation license to Frank GF to operate as a concessionaire at the OTB facility at 105 E. North Ave., Villa Park, Illinois.
- The Board approved an occupation license to Progressive Management Services to operate as a concessionaire at the OTB facility at 301 N. Milwaukee Ave., Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- The Board approved an occupation license to Country Gambler Cafes to operate as a concessionaire at the OTB facility at 554 E. Devon Ave., Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
- The Board approved a $750,000 grant to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation for 2012.
- The requests submitted by TwinSpires, TVG, XpressBet and Sportech Racing (BetZotic) for advance deposit wagering licenses for 2012 were deferred to the December 20, 2011 Board meeting.
- The Board approved totalizator licenses to AmTote, Sportech Racing and United Tote for 2012.
Post Racing: Adoption program provides bright life for Thoroughbreds in retirement (3/24)
Frequent flyer Lermyte lands back in Illinois (3/22)
IRB March 2016 meeting agenda (revised) (3/18)
Important ILHBPA law suit announcements (3/16)
Illinois, not Ky.-bred tops 2-year-old sale (3/16)
DerbyWars reaches fee agreement with Hawthorne (3/11)
Hawthorne, DerbyWars reach agreement (3/10)
DerbyWars inks first revenue-sharing deal (3/10)