Balmoral Park (11/9/11)
Contact: Ken Churilla
Top race horses descend on Balmoral Park this Saturday
Balmoral Park, Chicagoland’s premier harness horse racing facility located in Crete, IL will play host to some of the top Standardbred race horses as it hosts the American Nationals meet this Saturday, November 12.
Fans also have a chance to win more than $5,000 in cash to a single person in Balmoral Park’s semi-annual “Mystery Voucher” promotion. Vouchers were mailed to over 15,000 of Balmoral Park’s rewards members and are all valued at anywhere between $2 and $5,000. Vouchers are only redeemable this Saturday between 6:30-11 pm.
Balmoral Park will also featured “guaranteed pools” of $30,000 on its Pick 4, $30,000 on its High 5 and $10,000 on its Pick 5 wagers giving fans throughout the country a chance to play into some of the largest pools in North America.
Some of the horses pulling into Balmoral Park this weekend include:
• BETTERTHANCHEDDAR – won both the 2011 “Breeders Crown” and “The Cane Pace” (1st leg of the pacing Triple Crown).
• BIG BAD JOHN – won 2011 “Little Brown Jug” (2nd leg of the pacing Triple Crown).
• FOILED AGAIN – set track record while winning 2011 “Indiana Derby” (One mile in 1 minute 49.2 seconds). Current winnings stand at $1.3 million for 2011 and $3.3 million for a career.
• LUCKY JIM – locally owned and trained by Erv Miller boasting 28 career wins with a lifetime earnings of $1.9 million.
• BETTOR SWEET – won the 2010 American Nationals and is back to defend his title. Set the world record this June of 1 minute 48.1 seconds while winning “Bettor’s Delight Stake” and won $500,000 Breeders Crown race in 1 minute 48.4 seconds.
About Balmoral Park: Located in Crete, IL just 12 miles south of 80/94; Balmoral Park has been one of the nation's premier horse racing facilities since 1926. Balmoral Park features live racing every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Admission and parking is always free.