Balmoral Park (2/1/11)
Contact: Tom Kelley
BALMORAL CANCELS RACING
Due to blizzard-like conditions, Balmoral Park has been forced to cancel its live racing program that had been scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011.
Qualifiers that were scheduled for Wednesday morning were also canceled after a blizzard warning was put into effect from 3 pm Tuesday until 3 pm Wednesday for the entire Chicagoland area.
The storm is expected to dump between 15-24 inches of snow throughout the two-day period, with wind gusts exceeding 50 mph at times.
The draw for Saturdayís Balmoral card has been moved back to Thursday, Feb. 3 as well. Entries will close at 10:00 am.
No decision has been made as to the status of live racing at Maywood Park on Thursday, Feb. 3 as of this time.