Balmoral Park (10/21/10)
Contact: Ken Churilla
Balmoral Park Against Breast Cancer – October 23
Local horse racing facility teams with Chicagoland Area Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for one night event to raise funds to help in the fight against breast cancer
Balmoral Park, Chicagoland’s premier harness horse racing facility, is encouraging racing and entertainment fans along with warriors in the fight against breast cancer to join us on October 23 for “Balmoral Park Against Breast Cancer.” Balmoral Park will host a variety of activities that evening to help in the fight against breast cancer including:
Balmoral Park will provide the following:
– Balmoral Park will donate a portion of that nights on-track Food & Beverage proceeds to the Chicagoland Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen For The Cure®
– Balmoral Park will donate a portion of that nights on-track wagering proceeds to the Chicagoland Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen For The Cure®
• RACE DEDICATION
– Balmoral Park will dedicate the 3rd race of the evening to the fight against breast cancer.
• PHOTO OP
– Female supporters in attendance on October 23 wearing pink will be invited into the Winners Circle after the 3rd race for a group photo with the winning horse
• FREE GIFT
– The 1st 500 female patrons will receive a FREE pink Balmoral Park “Built On Pure Horsepower” bracelet
“Breast cancer is a disease that seems to find a way to sink its hooks into everyone in one way or another,” states General Manager Mike Belmonte. “Our goal on October 23rd is to gather a large number of breast cancer fighters, survivors, and the ones that love them at Balmoral Park to enjoy each other as well as take advantage of a fresh new way to raise money to make headway against this deadly disease.”
ABOUT BALMORAL PARK: Located in Crete, IL just 12 miles south of 80/94; Balmoral Park has been one of the nations premier horse racing facilities since 1926. Balmoral Park features live racing every Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday. Admission and Parking is always free.
ABOUT THE CHICAGOLAND AFFILIATE OF SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE ®: Established in 1997 the Komen Chicagoland Affiliate has awarded over $10 million towards the fight against breast cancer by funding grassroots breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment projects, as well as national research. Seventy-five percent of the net proceeds raised by the Affiliate are dedicated to fighting breast cancer locally in the Chicagoland metropolitan area.