Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search
Chicago racing newsletter sign-up 
Upcoming events
Breeders' Cup
Horse slaughter in Illinois
Legislation
Search Chicago Barn to Wire

Arlington Park

Arlington Park news release

Contact: David Zenner
Dzenner@arlingtonpark.com

ARLINGTON PARK TO OFFER GUARANTEED POOLS ON LATE PICK FOUR ON FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS STARTING JUNE 22

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (June 16, 2007) – Arlington Park will offer guaranteed pools on its increasingly popular Late Pick Four wager every Friday and Saturday beginning on Friday, June 22, 2007. A $25,000 guaranteed gross pool will be offered on Friday cards and a $50,000 guaranteed gross pool will be offered on each Saturday program.

The Pick Four wager requires selecting the official winner of four consecutive races. The Late Pick Four encompasses the final four races each day (generally races seven through 10.) In addition, Arlington Park offers an Early Pick Four wager each day starting with the second race. There will be no guaranteed pool offered on Arlington Park’s Early Pick Four wager.

In the event nobody correctly selects the four official winners of the designated Pick Four races, 75% of the of the net Pick Four pool will be carried over to the next day’s corresponding Pick Four wager (early-to-early, late-to-late) and the remaining 25% of the net pool will be paid out to those who correctly selected the most official winners of the designated Pick Four races.

Through June 15, the carryover provision has come into play six times, most recently establishing a meet-high total pool of $65,162.

Arlington Park – the Chicago area’s premier Thoroughbred racetrack located in Arlington Heights, Ill. – will run a 94-day meet in 2007 from Friday, May 4 through Sunday, Sept. 16. Arlington Park, whose parent company is Churchill Downs Incorporated (Nasdaq: CHDN), also operates nine off-track, simulcast-wagering facilities: Trackside Arlington Park (Arlington Heights), Trackside Chicago, Trackside Quad City Downs (East Moline), Trackside Rockford, Trackside Waukegan, Fat Sam’s Bar & Grill featuring Trackside OTB in Lockport, Lucky’s featuring Trackside OTB in South Elgin, Nicolino’s featuring Trackside OTB in McHenry and The Inferno featuring Trackside OTB in South Beloit. Information on Arlington Park can be found online at www.arlingtonpark.com.

 

 

 

 

Home | News Updates | Bloggers | Forums | Search
Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Advertising | Contact Us

Copyright © 2000-2014 Chicago Barn to Wire. All rights reserved.
Privacy policy